Did you know your smile can benefit from the foods you eat? Well, it’s true! Foods can help your teeth stay healthy and strong throughout your life. Your tooth enamel is naturally strong, and without proper diet and care, your teeth can weaken over time. That is why, our dentist, Dr. Carrie Sessom with Riverwalk Dental Spa in Jenks, Oklahoma, is happy to help you learn more about foods that can make your teeth smile.
Check out these diet tips for a healthy smile here:
– Avoid sugary sweets that can contribute to further tooth decay.
– Foods and drinks with the low pH level tend to be highly acidic and contains substances that can increase your risk for enamel erosion.
– Foods that are incredibly chewy and sticky can stick to your teeth and gums. They can often be difficult to wash away with traditional cleaning techniques and can increase your risk of tooth decay.
– Drinks such as coffee and wine contain substances that can stain your teeth.
– Minerals in foods and beverages including calcium and phosphorus have been shown in studies to help remineralize your tooth enamel. This is beneficial for keeping your teeth healthy.
– Stay away from snacks and other quick treats during the day as it will increase the amount of time that harmful substances can be in contact with your teeth. Stick to broad meals only.
– Saliva is beneficial for your oral health, so it is important to focus on foods and drinks that will not inhibit its production.
Having a healthy smile can improve your oral health and keep your teeth looking white and feeling strong for years to come. If you would like to learn more about your oral health, or if you find yourself in need of a dental checkup, please call us today at 918-770-0027 to make an appointment with a member of our experienced staff. We are always happy to help you.