Are you aware that during the cold and flu season, you must take extra care of your teeth and gums to prevent additional damage from occurring? Have you ever wondered how colds and the flu impact your dental health? For more information about your oral health care during cold and flu season, consider the following:
– Never share or use some else’s toothbrush as the hazards of colds and the flu will increase.
– Always avoid brushing your teeth immediately after being sick if you are vomiting, as your smile is exposed to the harmful acids in your stomach and brushing will only make it worse.
– Even if are currently under the effects of a cold or flu, it is still important to continue your daily oral health care routines including brushing and flossing.
– If you take cough drops, always look for sugar-free versions, as sugars will continue to damage your tooth enamel.
– Stay hydrated and avoid foods or medications that can lead to dry mouth symptoms.
– Ingesting the right fluids can help treat colds and the flu. For your oral health, you should always remove drinks that contain sugar from your diet.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with Riverwalk Dental Spa & Sleep Solutions to see if you are a candidate for oral health care treatments, please call Dr. Carrie Sessom and the rest of our team at our dentist office in Tulsa, Oklahoma at 918-770-0027. We look forward to having you as our guest soon.