Bruxism, or the grinding of teeth, can cause serious damage to your smile and your oral health. Dr. Carrie Sessom offers night guards to help protect your teeth and jaws from the damaging effects of bruxism and preserve your natural smile. We invite you to contact Riverwalk Dental Spa at 918-770-0027 to schedule an appointment with our dentist and learn more about night guards in Jenks, Oklahoma.
Night guards are a type of mouth guard worn at night while you sleep. They are most commonly used to prevent the grinding and clenching of teeth while unconscious. Common signs of nighttime teeth grinding and clenching include:
- Chronic jaw, facial, and ear pain
- Excessively worn teeth
- Exposure of the inner tooth
- Chipped, flattened, or cracked teeth
- Increased tooth sensitivity
- Loose teeth
- Awakening with a tired or tight feeling in the jaw
- Frequent tension headaches and migraines
- Muscle pain in neck, jaws, and nearby areas
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
If you notice any of these symptoms, you could benefit greatly from a night guard. Our dentist can provide you with a custom-made night guard to fit your smile, helping you to sleep peacefully and protecting your teeth from further damage.
For more information about bruxism and night guards, please contact our office and make your appointment with our dentist.