Are you suffering from bruxism while you sleep? Bruxism is an oral health condition that is most often classified as a sleep disorder where a person grinds and gnashes their teeth while they sleep. Although the ailment can take place while a victim is awake, sleep bruxism is the most common form. If left unchecked, bruxism can severely damage your tooth enamel and can even lead to fractured teeth or tooth loss. Ask yourself the following questions about bruxism to determine if treatment is needed:
– Do you have a locked jaw that won’t open or close easily?
– Is your tooth enamel worn down or are you feeling an increase in tooth sensitivity?
– Do you ever have pain or irritation that feels like an earache, but it’s not caused by your ear?
– Do you have any teeth that appear flattened or chipped and loose?
– Do you snore or grind and clench your teeth loudly as you sleep?
– Do you have any pain to the insides of your cheeks from unconsciously chewing on them through the night?
– Have you ever been diagnosed with sleep apnea or TMJ?
– Do you have any bite marks on your tongue?
– Do you ever experience jaw pain or soreness when you first wake up?
Always make time in your life to visit your dentist at Riverwalk Dental Spa for bruxism treatments, and if necessary, to book an appointment with Dr. Carrie Sessom for a detailed exam of your oral health. You can reach our dentist office in Jenks, Oklahoma, by calling us at 918-770-0027. Visit us today, and enjoy the season with a smile!